Fair Housing Statement
It is your right to seek property and housing with dignity and without fear of discrimination because of your race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, or because you are disabled or have children in your family or are pregnant. Klemm Real Estate will not factor any of this information in our pursuit to find your perfect home or property.
There are additional resources available to Connecticut Residents (https://www.ctrealtors.com/fairhousing/)
NYS HOUSING AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATION NOTICE (https://dos.ny.gov/system/files/documents/2021/08/fairhousingnotice.pdf)
Federal, State and Local Fair Housing and Anti-discrimination Laws protect individuals from housing discrimination. It is unlawful to discriminate based on certain protected characteristics, which include, but are not limited to: race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military status, sex, age, disability, marital status, lawful source of income or familial status.
THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF POTENTIAL FAIR HOUSING VIOLATIONS:
- Refusing to rent, sell or show a property based on a potential tenant or purchaser’s protected characteristic.
- Quoting a higher price to a purchaser or renter because of the potential purchaser or tenant’s protected characteristic.
- Refusing to rent to a tenant who has children or increasing a security deposit based on the number of children who will be living in the apartment.
- Steering prospective tenants or purchasers to certain neighborhoods based on any protected characteristics.
- Refusing to rent to a potential tenant because of their source of income, including but not limited to, Section 8 vouchers or other government subsidies.
- Refusing to waive a “no pet” policy for tenants that require a service, assistance or emotional support animal.
- Discriminating at the direction of a seller or landlord or because it is the preference of a seller or landlord.
- Refusing to rent to a renter who is a victim of domestic violence
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FILE A COMPLAINT
- New York State, Department of State: (518) 474-4429
- New York State, Division of Human Rights: (844) 862-8703
ALBANY OFFICE: One Commerce Plaza, 99 Washington Avenue, P.O. Box 22001, Albany, NY 12201-2001 • Customer Service: (518) 474-4429 • Website: https://dos.ny.gov • E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org